- 2 cups biscuit mix (see Biscuit Mix)
- 2⁄3 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup berries (fresh or frozen blueberries, raspberries etc)
- coarse sugar, crystals for sprinkling (I use "Sugar in the Raw" from its dispenser.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Place paper baking cup in each of 12 regular-size muffin cups, or grease bottoms only of muffin cups.
- Stir all ingredients except berries just until moistened.
- Gently stir in blueberries.
- Divide batter evenly among cups.
- Sprinkle coarse sugar over top of each cup of muffin batter.
- Bake 13 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.