Recipe by *Alia*
Yet to try
Top Review by Suzandcats
Unfortunately this recipe is not berry, mocha, or fudge. What it is, is a fair sample of buttery and luscious toffee with melted chocolate. Anyone expecting it to be any form of fudge, let alone a berry mocha one (a combination that does not sound especially delectable--coffee and any berry I know of) is doomed to disappointment. Anyone with a taste for buttery, crunchy, chocolate-kissed English-style toffee, however, may want to give it a try.
- 2 cups butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup whole almond
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Grind walnuts in a blender.
- Melt butter over high heat.
- Add sugar, stirring until it foams up well.
- Continue over high heat, adding almonds.
- Continue to cook, stirring continually until mixture is color of caramel and sugar is all melted.
- Stir as you take it off the heat permanently and pour quickly onto a large, flat pan with sides. Tilt to spread evenly, wait 5 minutes, then pour on chocolate chips. Spread chocolate over top of the hot mixture with a rubber scraper once melted.
- Scatter ground walnuts over the top, shaking to even.
- Cool at least three hours at room temperature.
- Break into pieces.