Recipe by Chef Buggsy Mate
This is a nice sweet-tart bread that is great for breakfast, snack or any time. We like to wrap them and place them in a decorative tin or basket and give as gifts during the holidays.
Top Review by katew
I did this a one big cake and it is delicious. I used all the listed ingredients exactly [unbelievablyfor once I had everything on hand !! } The result is very pretty and very moist. Yum !!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 3⁄4 cup blueberries (can use fresh or frozen)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine dry ingredients; add to the creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- Stir in cranberry sauce and blueberries.
- Pour into four greased 5-3/4-in.x3-in.x2-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.