This is a nice sweet-tart bread that is great for breakfast, snack or any time. We like to wrap them and place them in a decorative tin or basket and give as gifts during the holidays.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine dry ingredients; add to the creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- Stir in cranberry sauce and blueberries.
- Pour into four greased 5-3/4-in.x3-in.x2-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
I did this a one big cake and it is delicious. I used all the listed ingredients exactly [unbelievablyfor once I had everything on hand !! } The result is very pretty and very moist. Yum !!
This is a really YUMMY BERRY LOAF! It has a sort of pudding-like texture on the inside and a great brown crust on the outside. The taste is very berrylicious and summery. Mmmm, so yummy! I cut back on the sugar by half a cup, which was still plenty for me. But I dont like my things too sweet, so if youre more on the sweet side, the 1 cup would be perfect Id say. As I live in Germany I couldnt find whole berry cranberry sauce, so I subbed yoghurt and juicy cranberries for it, which worked out nicely. I made a big loaf instead of 4 mini ones, cause I couldnt get hold of my mini loaf tins. That way the loaf had to bake 1 hour and 20 minutes, but it was well worth the wait! :) THANKS SO MUCH for sharing this lovely recipe with us, Chef Buggsy Mate! Ill surely make it again. Made and reviewed for my chosen chef in Veg'n'Swap #13 August 09.