Recipe by Bobbie
Simple and refreshing. Just proves recipes don't have to be fancy to be wonderful. (Prep time does not include freezing time)
- 1⁄2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 cups fresh blueberries or 3 cups frozen blueberries
- 3 cups fresh raspberries or 3 cups frozen raspberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine ice cream, orange juice concentrate and cinnamon. Cover and freeze for 2 to 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, combine berries amd lemom juice in saucepan. Cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch; stir into pan. Bring to boil over medium heat. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Cool; over and refrigerate.
- To serve, spoon ice cream into bowl or parfait glass. Top with berry sauce.
- You can garnish with a couple mint leaves if desired.