Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I had leftover lime margarita mix that had already been combined with tequila and was looking for something interesting to do with it. I took a look at a lot of different margarita pie recipes and came up with this one. Cooking time is freezing time.
- 9 inch pie crusts
- 226.79 g frozen strawberries, thawed (or berry of your choice)
- 113.39 g cream cheese, softened
- 118.29 ml frozen margarita mix concentrate, thawed, with a splash of
- tequila, added to taste
- 170.09 g frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Prepare pie crust as directed on package.
- Blend strawberries, cream cheese, and margarita mix concentrate until well blended.
- Pour into a bowl and fold in whipped topping.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Cover and freeze 1-2 hours, or until firm.
- Let stand briefly before slicing and serving.
This was such a new concept to me and great one at that! Made for a Cinco de Mayo treat and added about 2 shots of tequila. I also added about 1/4 cup sugar to cut the acidity a bit. Thanks for sharing!