Recipe by CountryLady
This is like having an after dinner drink and dessert all in one! Simple to make - yet quite elegant when served in cocktail or martini glasses. To make this nonalcoholic, use orange juice instead of the orange liqueur and pineapple juice in place of the tequila. Refrigeration time is not included.
Top Review by Derf
Made this delicious dessert for company yesterday, everyone loved it!! Not too sweet, it had a nice tang, I used all strawberries and Grand Marnier with the Tequila, left the sugar off the rim on two and put it on, on two. I only had regular margarita mix, so the night before I put some in the freezer, it froze up nicely. Thanks for sharing a great company dessert, I will use it again!!
- 2 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 59.14 ml cold water
- 473.18 ml mixed berries (raspberries, strawberries and blueberries)
- 118.29 ml frozen barcardi margarita mix or 118.29 ml frozen limeade concentrate
- 78.07 ml tequila
- 59.14 ml orange liqueur
- 1 lime wedge
- 59.14 ml sugar
- fresh berries and sprigs mint (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in a small saucepan.
- Allow 5 minutes and then heat gently just until dissolved.
- Meanwhile puree berries in a blender with margarita mix and orange liqueur.
- Strain, pressing down on the solids well, and return to blender.
- Blend in gelatin.
- Rub the rim of 4 or 6 martini glasses with the wedge of lime.
- Place sugar on a plate and dip edge of the glasses into the sugar.
- Divide the berry mixture between the glasses.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate a few hours or until set.
- Garnish with fresh berries and mint.