Recipe by Darkhunter
This was a recipe found in Quick Cooking Magazine posted by Linda Jo Wahlgren. This is a great picnic take-along.
Top Review by FloridaNative
Another great dish ~ I did not have celery seed, so added a bit of celery salt and omitted the regular salt from the dressing. This came out beautifully and will become one of our families new favorites. The slivered almonds are a very nice finishing touch! Thanks AuntSana ~ made for PAC FALL 2009!
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 2-cup microwave-safe bowl, combine the first nine ingredients.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes; stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Whisk in oil.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- In a salad bowl, combine the greens, strawberries, oranges, onion, almonds and bacon.
- Drizzle with dressing; gently toss.