Recipe by Chef PotPie
I've made this casserole almost every year for about 20 years at Thanksgiving. It's become a tradition and the whole family loves it, I hope you will like it, too!
Top Review by ~Jena~
This is our family recipe for the holidays too. My mom still has the magazine page she cut out in 1978. Our version uses 1C fresh cranberries instead of whole cranberry sauce, but is otherwise the same.
If you have some marshmallow haters in your crowd, you can make a ring of marshmallows around the outside of the casserole, leaving the center marshmallow-free for the haters.
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup quick oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2 (28 ounce) cans yams, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 15 large marshmallows
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Mix together flour, brown sugar, oats, and cinnamon; cut in butter.
- In large bowl, toss half of the crumb mixture with the yams and cranberry sauce and arrange in casserole dish.
- Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture on top.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Place marshmallows on top and put under broiler until marshmallows are golden brown and toasty.