Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This tasty treat resulted from another recipe that I thought needed a little something extra! It's my favorite now. You can make it for any occasion or season by chaning the type of fruit preserve :)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup ground walnuts (food processor works great for this)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup red raspberry preserves (or your favorite variety)
- 1⁄3 cup seedless blackberry preserves (or your favorite variety)
- 3⁄4 cup oats
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Mix together flour, sugar, walnuts, cinnamon, and softened butter in a bowl until crumbly.
- With a spoon press 3/4 of mixture into an ungreased 9x9-inch baking pan.
- Spread preserves over crust.
- Add oats, brown sugar and melted butter to remaining crumb mixture.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture over the top of preserves.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.