Move over Viagra! Chocolate, berries, honey, with creamy richness will do the job! What is not to love with this delicious dessert. Layered with a hidden layer of decadent chocolate topped with a creaminess and then berries glazed upon with raspberry and honey then crowned with pecans. This can be made in a tart or pie pan.
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 2 tablespoons butter
Creamy cheese filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons brandy (using a flavored like kirschwasser (cherries)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 -3 cups fresh strawberries, washed, dried and hulled
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup pecan halves, toasted
- Prepare pie crust in a tart or pie pan.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Prick pie crust and cover with foil or wax paper topping with weights. Baking for 10 minutes.
- Chocolate layer:.
- Melt chocolate and butter together to blend. Spread melted chocolate over bottom of baked pie shell. Chill.
- Creamy cheese filling:
- Beat cream cheese with whipping cream, sugar, brandy, and vanilla.
- Spread over chocolate. Chill 2-4 hours.
- Combine honey and preserves bring to a boil then reduce and simmer 5-10 minutes to reduce. Chill.
- Arrange strawberries cut side down on cream.
- Arrange pecans along the sides around the strawberries.
- Brush berries and pecans with glaze.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. When slicing be sure to go through the chocolate and crust layers.