Recipe by OneSaucyWench
This is adapted from a recipe I found in my new issue of Taste of Home. They turned out perfectly yummy!
Top Review by Jenni B
Getting the filling on the inside of these was a bit of a challenge (will probably try to pipe it in next time) but they turned out awesome anyway. I used cranberries instead of blueberries because I had them and mixed frozen berries in place of the raspberries. I also subbed 1/2 wheat flour and they turned out great! Thanks for posting this!
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened (5 1/2 tbsp)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup milk, plus
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 cup frozen blueberries, set aside
Cream Cheese Filling
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup frozen raspberries
- 1⁄4 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla, beat until smooth. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and cinnamon; add to creamed mixture alternately with 1/3 cup milk. If your batter is not creamy enough use the extra 1 1/2 tbsp milk to thin it some.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups approximately half full. (I used a one ounce scoop to measure the batter.) Press 4 to 6 blueberries into muffin batter.
- For filling, in a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla till well blended. Fold raspberries into cream cheese mixture until well blended. Using a teaspoon, take a spoonful of filling and press back of spoon into middle of batter; push filling into batter with finger. If batter sticks to spoon, dip spoon into warm water in between each muffin.
- For topping, blend Bisquick mix and brown sugar in a small bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes (25 to 30 for jumbo muffins) or until top batter is firm and centers are bouncy. Cool for 10 minutes before serving. Refrigerate leftovers. To warm, place in microwave on med. for 10 - 15 seconds.