Recipe by Sharon123
Saw Giada make this on Giada at Home, episode, Let Them Eat Cake. Yum!
Top Review by Realtor by day, Chef by night
This was so yummy! I had a cup of simple syrup left from another recipe that I needed to use up. I added a teaspoon of vanilla extract to it and proceeded with the rest of the recipe. It was really good and also looked so pretty.
- 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen unsweetened mixed berries, thawed
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 cup vanilla simple syrup, recipe follows
- 3 cups water (or more to taste)
Vanilla Simple Syrup
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 vanilla bean, cut in half lengthwise, seeds removed, pod reserved
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender, combine the berries, lemonade concentrate and syrup. Blend until smooth. Pour the mixture into a large pitcher(The blended mixture can be strained through a fine mesh sieve to remove the berry seeds, if preferred). Add the water and stir, then refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Pour the lemonade into ice-filled glasses and serve.
- To make Vanilla Simple Syrup:.
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat combine the sugar, water, vanilla bean seeds, and vanilla pod. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved, about 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the syrup to cool, about 20 minutes. Strain before using.
- Yield: 1 cup.