Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Every Day with Rachael Ray June/July 2008. These sound so refreshing!
Make and share this Berry-Lemon Sparklers recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 pints raspberries or 1 1⁄2 pints blackberries, plus more
- raspberries or blackberry, for garnish
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 2 cups lemon juice (from 8 lemons)
- seltzer water
- mint sprig, for garnish
- In a medium bowl, mash the 1/12 pints berries with sugar; let stand for 10 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup water, then strain into a large pitcher, pressing with the spoon to extract any juice. Stir in the lemon juice and 2 1/2 cups more water.
- Fill 8 pint glasses halfway with ice. Pour about 3/4 cup berry-lemon mixture into each glass. Top with a splash of seltzer and stir to combine. Garnish with berries and a mint sprig.
It was soooo hot here in California today and I was so thirsty! This is WONDERFUL! Hit the spot. Will be making often.
This was terrific! I made only 1 drink and used blackberries and a few strawberries, which were perfect! I did not strain, as the chunky is good for me, but if making for a crowd, I would definitely strain, to remove large pulp (but it's SO good!) Thanks for sharing this winner, Shelby Jo.
This was wonderful! So refreshing and full of flavor. Thanks for sharing.