I used a mix of frozen blackberries blueberries and raspberries. You can use one or all three. Top your favorite sliced toast, scones, glaze a pork roast at the very end with this jam or place a teaspoon in a cup of tea hot or iced. Make a flavored mojito.
- Sterilize jars and keep them hot.
- Steep the lavender in the hot water and lemon juice for 20 minutes.
- Strain and place into a heavy bottom pot cooking to reduce by 1/2.
- Thaw and drain berries.
- Crush berries and add to lavender tea.
- Stir in pectic.
- Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Add sugar, stirring to dissolve.
- Return mixture to a rolling boil.
- Boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Skim foam if necessary.
- Preserve It:.
- Ladle hot jam into hot "Ball" 8-oz jelly jar to 1/4 inch below rim.
- Wipe jar rim clean.
- Place lid on jar and tighten band, just until a point of resistance is met.
- Process 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner.
- shut off flame and let sit 5 minutes. Remove to a draft free spot without tilting jars.
- Cool for 12 to 24 hours.
- Remove bands.
- Lids should be concave in middle.