1/2 Photos of Berry Lavender Jam
1 hr 20 mins
I used a mix of frozen blackberries blueberries and raspberries. You can use one or all three. Top your favorite sliced toast, scones, glaze a pork roast at the very end with this jam or place a teaspoon in a cup of tea hot or iced. Make a flavored mojito.
My Private Note
half pi ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sterilize jars and keep them hot.
- 2Steep the lavender in the hot water and lemon juice for 20 minutes.
- 3Strain and place into a heavy bottom pot cooking to reduce by 1/2.
- 4Thaw and drain berries.
- 5Crush berries and add to lavender tea.
- 6Stir in pectic.
- 7Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
- 8Add sugar, stirring to dissolve.
- 9Return mixture to a rolling boil.
- 10Boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 11Remove from heat.
- 12Skim foam if necessary.
- 13Preserve It:.
- 14Ladle hot jam into hot "Ball" 8-oz jelly jar to 1/4 inch below rim.
- 15Wipe jar rim clean.
- 16Place lid on jar and tighten band, just until a point of resistance is met.
- 17Process 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner.
- 18shut off flame and let sit 5 minutes. Remove to a draft free spot without tilting jars.
- 19Cool for 12 to 24 hours.
- 20Remove bands.
- 21Lids should be concave in middle.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Berry Lavender Jam
Serving Size: 1 (1805 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 689.2
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 18.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 178.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 171.3 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried lavender blossoms