Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
You can use strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, boysenberries, or mixed berries. This is similar to the Basic Fruit Kanten recipe found on Zaar.
- Soak the agar flakes and one pint of apple juice in a saucepan for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Wash and hull berries.
- In a blender puree berries with the remaining juice and maple syrup if you are using it. Set aside for now.
- Now, bring agar mixture to a boil then turn down heat and simmer, stirring frequently, until all agar is dissolved.
- When all is dissolved, allow the juice mixture to cool slightly, and then pour it into the blender with the pureed berries mix and blend briefly to combine.
- Pour contents of blender into your molds and allow to cool in the refrigerator until the kanten sets up.
- To serve:.
- If kanten was chilled in a baking dish, cut into portion-sized squares. Garnish with additional berries and desired whipped products such as whipped tofu cream or whipped cream depending on your diet.
- Note: One tablespoon of flakes should be used per cup of liquid unless using a citrus or pineapple juice then it might need to be increased because it is more acidic.