That is Dr House to you's Note:
You can use strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, boysenberries, or mixed berries. This is similar to the Basic Fruit Kanten recipe found on Zaar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak the agar flakes and one pint of apple juice in a saucepan for 10 - 15 minutes.
- 2Wash and hull berries.
- 3In a blender puree berries with the remaining juice and maple syrup if you are using it. Set aside for now.
- 4Now, bring agar mixture to a boil then turn down heat and simmer, stirring frequently, until all agar is dissolved.
- 5When all is dissolved, allow the juice mixture to cool slightly, and then pour it into the blender with the pureed berries mix and blend briefly to combine.
- 6Pour contents of blender into your molds and allow to cool in the refrigerator until the kanten sets up.
- 7To serve:.
- 8If kanten was chilled in a baking dish, cut into portion-sized squares. Garnish with additional berries and desired whipped products such as whipped tofu cream or whipped cream depending on your diet.
- 9Note: One tablespoon of flakes should be used per cup of liquid unless using a citrus or pineapple juice then it might need to be increased because it is more acidic.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Berry Kanten
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 77.7
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 18.0 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: