Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
In 'Spring Gatherings' by Rick Rodgers
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed mint leaf, plus 8 sprigs for garnish
- 1 lb strawberry, hulled and sliced
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup Bourbon
- Bring the sugar, mint leaves, and 1 cup water to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat, stirring often to dissolve the sugar.
- Remove from the heat and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Strain in a sieve over a bowl, pressing hard on the solids.
- Discard the solids.
- Puree the strawberries and mint syrup together in a blender.
- Transfer to a large pitcher.
- Add the lemon juice, bourbon, and 3 cups water and stir well.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 3 hours.
- Serve in tall glasses over ice, garnished with a mint sprig.