Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe came from the book that was with my bread machine. There does not have to be a jam timer on bread machine.
- 1 1⁄2 cups strawberries or 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons liquid fruit pectin
- Combine ingredients into bread pan. Select Basic setting. Press Start/Stop.
- Allow to mix 5 -6 minutes scraping sides of pan with rubber spatula.
- Press Start/Stop to cancel. Select Bake Setting. Press Start/Stop. When unit signals and display reads 0:00, press Start/Stop.
- Using oven mitts, remove bread pan. Pour into containers and cover or seal in sterilized jars. Cool then refrigerate to set.
- Hint: Double recipe to use full pouch of liquid pectin.
- My machine 'Sunbeam Expressbake Breadmaker.
I followed the directions precisely, and this jam did not set. In addition, my husband and I both thought it was WAY too sweet. Since I bought so many berries, I tried a second batch, cutting down on the sugar and adding more pectin. It still didn't set and was too sweet. Won't make it again, will have to find something else to do with the berries.