Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A friend of mine parted with this recipe she brought back from New England. This is a marvelous dessert
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Place berries in the bottom of a well greased 7-1/2 cup pudding bowl and sprinkle half the sugar on top (or large pie plate).
- In a bowl combine flour the rest of the sugar, baking powder and salt.
- With your fingertips or two knives blend the butter into the flour mixture.
- Stir in just enough of the milk to form a soft dough.
- Distribute the dough evenly over the berries.
- Cover the pudding bowl with greased foil or greaseproof paper, folded in a pleat across the middle to allow for expansion.
- Cook (steam) the pudding for 1-1/2 hours.
- Turn the pudding out and serve with cream.