Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
South Beach Diet Phase 2 from the South Beach Diet Daily Dish emails
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar substitute
- 1 (10 ounce) bag frozen blueberries
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- lemon twist, for garnish
- 1⁄2 cup frozen light whipped dessert topping (optional)
- In a small pot over medium heat, combine the water and sugar substitute. Bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes, then set aside to cool to room temperature.
- In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, combine the blueberries, lemon peel, lemon juice, and cooled syrup. Pulse for 2 minutes, or until the blueberries are coarsely ground. Pour into a small metal bowl and stir a few times with a fork to break up any large pieces. Cover the bowl with foil and place in the freezer overnight.
- Spoon into 6 serving glasses, garnish with a lemon twist, and top with the whipped topping, if using.