Created for RSC #12...Summer's juicy ripe berries take center stage in this lovely dessert. Sweet strawberries and plump blueberries are layered in a cool, creamy filling between layers of softened graham crackers. Each bite brings a touch of richness that'll make your guests think you've got Emeril hiding in your kitchen pantry! This recipe can easily be cut in half and can accomodate frozen berries, but fresh are preferred. Prep time does not include the 8 hours necessary to soften the graham crackers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) box graham crackers
- 2 (1 ounce) boxes fat-free sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups skim milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container mascarpone cheese
- 3 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups whole blueberries
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 (8 ounce) container prepared whipped topping, thawed (Cool Whip Lite or Free)
- 1In a mixer bowl, beat 2 packages of vanilla pudding with milk and mascarpone cheese on low til blended. Set mixer to medium and beat for another minute til creamy and smooth.
- 2Set this mixture aside to set up slightly.
- 3Lightly mash sliced strawberries in a bowl to chop into smaller pieces. I like to use a hand-held pastry blender.Be careful not to puree them, but keep them in chunks. Add the blueberries and toss lightly.
- 4Mix in the 2 tablespoons of Splenda to the mixed berries for sweetening.
- 5Add the sweetened berries to the pudding and mix lightly.
- 6Empty the tub of prepared whipped topping to the pudding and berry mixture and gently fold together.
- 7Break rectangular graham crackers in half to make squares.
- 8In a 9 x 13" pan, evenly arrange a layer of graham crackers to cover the bottom.
- 9Pour 1/3 of the pudding/berry mixture over graham crackers and smooth out to completely cover all edges.
- 10Repeat step 9 two more times, being careful to completely cover all edges of graham crackers each time. You will have 3 layers of graham crackers, each followed with a layer of pudding/berry mixture.
- 11Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight or at least 8 hours.
- 12If desired, sprinkle lightly with graham cracker crumbs or garnish with extra berries on top. Do this just before serving. Keep refrigerated.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Berry Graham Torte (Rsc #12 Entry)
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.0
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 16.4 mg
- Sodium 466.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 15.7 g
- Protein 5.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix