Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
We don't catch any trout here, in case you're interested. But we do eat them.
- 8 fluid ounces cranberry juice
- 3 ounces fresh raspberries or 3 ounces frozen raspberries
- 1 peach, halved,stoned and sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon walnut oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 trout fillets
- extra olive oil
- white pepper
- Place the cranberry juice, raspberries and peach slices in a small saucepan, bring to the boil and then reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes or until mixture is reduced by about half.
- Allow to cool slightly and then transfer to a blender or food processor and process or blend until smooth.
- Strain through a sieve, discarding the solids.
- Whisk the olive and walnut oils, lemon juice, salt and white pepper into the puréed fruit.
- Allow the sauce to stand at room temperature while you cook the fish.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Brush the fish with olive oil and place in a foil-lined broiler pan.
- Broil for 10-15 minutes, turning once, or until the fish is cooked.
- To serve, transfer the fillets to a warmed serving platter, drizzle with a little of the fruit sauce, and transfer the remaining sauce to a sauceboat to pass round.