Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A really easy recipe that I tweaked to suit my family's tastes...a really good tangy and not too sweet jam that goes great either hot or cold.
- 2 pints strawberries (or you can mix them) or 2 pints blueberries (or you can mix them) or 2 pints raspberries (or you can mix them)
- 1⁄2 cup honey, scant
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Wash the berries and dry them.
- Cut off the green tops if you are using strawberries.
- Place all the berries into a bowl, and sprinkle with salt.
- Add the honey and the lemon juice, toss together so all the berries are covered.
- Place them on a sheet pan.
- Roast for 5 minutes if your berries are ripe and soft.
- If your berries are not quite so ripe, roast them for 5 minutes and then turn off the oven. Keep them in there for at least 15 more minutes to soften.
- When your berries are cooked and the honey is bubbling, take them out and mash them softly with a fork.
- Eat as is, or cool, whatever you like.
I followed this recipe exactly and this did not turn out as jam for me. I used blueberries and when the berries were mashed with a fork they did not blend together to form any type of jam. I think this would probably work much better by using strawberries. Made for Fall 2009 My 3 Chefs.