Recipe by Elephant.Shoes
I find that these muffins are good for breakfasts, snacks, and well--anytime! Ha ha! They are sweet and not all that fluffy. Nonetheless, they are my favourite muffin around!
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup berries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cream together butter and sugar; add the egg and mix well.
- Sift dry ingredients together and add to sugar mixture, alternating with milk.
- Once mixed together, fold in berries (I usually use 1/2 cup of frozen saskatoon berries and 1/2 cup of frozen raspberries).
- Spoon into buttered muffin tins 2/3 full, and bake for 15-20 minutes, until tops start to turn golden brown.
- Prop muffins so they are siting at a 60 degree angle in the muffin tin and cool for 5 minutes, then move to a cooling rack and let cool completely.