Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
From a friend...
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 eggs
- 10 slices French bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup frozen blueberries or 1 cup strawberries or 1 cup raspberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- powdered sugar, if desired
- blueberries, if desired
- maple syrup, if desired
- Generously grease 2 1/2 quart casserole of rectangular baking dish, 13 X 9.
- Beat flour, milk, sugar, vanilla, salt, and eggs in a large bowl with a hand beater until smooth.
- Stir in bread cubes until coated.
- Pour bread mixture into pan.
- Top evenly with cream cheese, berries, and nuts.
- Cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours (Optional).
- Heat oven to 400°.
- Uncover and bake 20 - 25 minutes or until.
- golden brown.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with syrup.
This is a bit unusal for the French toast I have, but it was GREAT TASTING! I used a 3-berry combo that I have frozen ~ blueberry, raspberry & marionberry ~ & that made for an OUTSTANDING breakfast! I omitted the powdered sugar, topped it off with some sliced strawberries & used a homemade strawberry syrup for the final touch! WONDERFUL! Thanks for sharing! [Made & reviewed while in Eastern Europe with the Zaar World Tour 4]