Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
An easy fruit dip made with strawberries that kids love.
- 8 ounces frozen strawberries, thawed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Place strawberries in food processor or blender container; process until smooth.
- Beat cream cheese in small bowl until smooth. Stir in sour cream, strawberry puree and sugar; cover. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Spoon dip into small serving bowl. Garnish with orange peel, if desired. Serve with assorted fresh fruit dippers or angel food cake cubes.
My boys love fresh fruit so I hadn't bothered with a dip in the past. But I decided to try this to spruce things up when I needed a dish to pass. It seemed to go over well. Definitely easy to make. Mine was also a bit thin as the other review mentioned. Think I'll try using fresh strawberries next time - though frozen sure was convenient.
This is Berry Good Dip as advertised & incredibly easy to fix in just a few minutes. The flavor is truly superb, but I did find it a bit thin even after 3 hrs of refrigeration & will prob increase the cream cheese to 6 oz next time to help it setup better during the chilling time. I served it with Jolakaka, a dense Icelandic version of pound cake w/sml pieces of dates & raisins that is a personal favorite of my DH. He loved it even more w/your dip, & I am sure adults & kids would all enjoy it w/fresh fruit, marshmallows, cookies, graham crackers, etc. Pls see my rating system - a very worthy 4* for this tasty fruit dip. Thx for sharing the recipe w/us.