Recipe by DeCielo
Delicious and wholesome pancake recipe using cream of wheat, almond milk, topped with berries and drizzled with honey! Found the basic recipe a couple years ago and have played with it a bunch.
- 1 cup cream of wheat
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 pint strawberry, sliced
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium bowl add cream of wheat, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and brown sugar.
- In small bowl or measuring cup mix egg and almond milk together, blend well.
- Pour over dry mix, stir lightly. Set aside, heat cast iron griddle on medium to medium low heat. While that warms, start slicing your strawberries.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to skillet, finishing blending/stirring the pancake mix.
- Ladle 1/3 cup of mix onto skillet. Give it about 1 minute or until spatula slides easily under pancake. Flip and watch for it to rise a little before removing. When the center starts rising that means it's done.
- Layer two pancakes:.
- Spread about 1 teaspoon of butter on each cake, followed by a covering of strawberries and drizzle honey over strawberries to your liking.
- Serve immediately with eggs or by themselves.