Prep 45 mins
Cook 50 mins
Another wonderful cheesecake recipe.
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely ground pecans
- 3⁄4 cup finely crushed graham cracker
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 32 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 quart strawberry
- 12 ounces seedless raspberry jam
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup peach schnapps
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Combine pecans, graham cracker crumbs and butter in a bowl and mix well.
- Press in a lightly buttered 10-inch springform pan and bake at 350º for 10 minutes.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese in a large mixing bowl until smooth and creamy.
- Add eggs, 1 1/4 c sugar, lemon juice and 2 tsps vanilla and beat well.
- Spoon into the cooled prebaked crust.
- Place pan on a baking sheet and place in middle of oven.
- Bake at 350º for 40 to 45 minutes or until set.
- The cheesecake will rise slightly, crack in several places, settle, and cracks will minimize.
- Let stand 15 minutes at room temperature to cool.
- Mix sour cream, 1/4 c sugar and 1 tsp vanilla and chill, covered in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- After the 15 minutes of cooking time for the baked cheesecake, spread with the sour cream mixture and bake again at 350º for 5 minutes.
- Let stand at room temperature to cool.
- Chill, covered, for up to 2 days.
- Rinse the strawberries and pat dry. Arrange pointed end up on top of the cheesecake.
- Spoon raspberry glaze over the top.
- Chill, covered, until glaze is set.
- For glaze: Mix a small amount of jelly and the cornstarch in a saucepan. Add the remaining jelly, schnapps and water and mix well. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until thickened and clear, stirring constantly. Cool to lukewarm, stirring constantly.