Recipe by Sydney Mike
Here is a fun & fruity, rich & creamy treat found on the internet! Amounts were tweaked a bit to fit into a 9" deep dish pie plate! Preparation time does not include time either to chill in the refrigerator or to freeze in the freezer!
Top Review by mliss29
I didn't exactly serve this raw, because I thought "It's a frozen dessert, I don't have to defrost it!" Wrong! You can't cut an ice cube! So I microwaved it about 2 minutes. It was still frosty though. Back when making it, I though the filling needed a little more sweetness (probably because most of the other pies I was making had regular old refined sugar in them and that sets the dessert standard). I tried adding 5 dates to the pureed berries, but my food processor didn't want to cooperate with that, so I fished them out. I would probably add them *with* the berries next time. However, at serving time, I very much enjoyed the pie. Maybe because I was expecting it to be subtle.
FOR THE CRUST
- 1 cup walnuts
- 3⁄4 cup almonds
- 15 dates, pitted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
FOR THE FILLING
- 2 1⁄4 cups blueberries, frozen
- 1 1⁄2 cups strawberries, frozen
- 3⁄4 cup almond milk
Directions See How It's Made
- FOR THE CRUST ~ Using a food processor, process nuts until finely ground.
- Add dates & cinnamon & process until completely mixed.
- Press this nut mixture evenly into the bottom & up the sides of a 9" deep dish pie plate. Refrigerate to set the nut crust, about 30 minutes.
- FOR THE FILLING ~ Combine both berries & milk in food processor & process until well blended!
- When nut crust is set, pour filling into crust.
- EITHER refrigerate if intending to serve unfrozen, OR put in freezer for several hours if wanting to have a frozen dessert!