Prep 24 hrs
Cook 35 mins
Excellent for brunches or family breakfasts. From Betty Crocker.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 eggs
- 1 loaf soft French bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen unsweetened mixed berries
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened mixed berries
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh strawberries, cut in half
- Grease a 9x13 inch glass baking dish with butter.
- In a large bowl, beat flour, half-and-half, 1/4 cup sugar, vanilla,salt, and eggs with wire whisk until smooth.
- Stir in bread and 1 1/2 cups mixed berries.
- spoon into the baking dish, cover tightly and refrigerate 1 - 24 hours.
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Uncover bread mixture, and bake for 25-35 minutes or until golden brown and knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- In a 1 1/2 quart saucepan, stir together 1/2 cup sugar and the cornstarch.
- Stir in the orange juice until smooth.
- Stir in 1 cup mixed berries, heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Cook about 4 minutes, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened, remove from heat.
- Just before serving, stir in strawberry halves.
- Serve warm over French toast bake.
very good, our mother's day favorite