Recipe by looneytunesfan
Friends and family will never guess that a tube of refrigerated buttermilk biscuits are the base for these golden, jelly-filled doughnuts. TIP: Vary the flavor by using different jams.
- 4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) package refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, separated into 10 biscuits
- 3⁄4 cup seedless strawberry jam
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°.
- Fry biscuits, a few at a time, for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert a very small tip. Fill bag with jam.
- Push the tip through the side of each doughnut to fill with jam.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar while warm Serve immediately.