Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 mins
This dessert is simple to make and presents with elegance. The recipe is from Interiors magazine (1999). Best served after a light salad type dinner. I have used plain small brioche with the same result.
- 6 sugar-dusted small brioche bread
- 1⁄2 cup drambuie or 1⁄2 cup Grand Marnier
- 2 pints raspberries (frozen if necessary)
- 2 pints blueberries (frozen if necessary)
- whipped cream
- sifted icing sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 180C (356F).
- Toss together liqueur and berries.
- Fill hollowed brioche with berries - setting aside any that do not fit inches.
- Place top on brioche and put brioche on a baking sheet.
- Place in oven for 5-6 minutes until heated through.
- Remove from oven.
- Serve immediately accompanied by remaining berries and whipped cream.
- Dust each plate with icing sugar before serving.