Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Perfect for a mid-morning boost and a great addition to any lunchbox. You can play around with the dried fruits and nuts depending on what you have in the cupboard, as long as you keep the quantities the same. They will keep for three days in an airtight container, but it's unlikely these sticky treats will be around for that long!
- 9 ounces butter
- 5 tablespoons corn syrup
- 5 ounces superfine sugar
- 9 ounces porridge oats
- 2 ounces dried blueberries
- 2 ounces dried cranberries
- 2 ounces pumpkin seeds
- 4 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 6 tablespoons sultanas
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Line a swiss roll tin or similar rectangular tin with baking parchment, leaving an overhang to make it easier to get the bars out.
- Melt the butter with the corn syrup and superfine sugar in a saucepan. Then put all the dry ingredients into a large bowl and add the syrup mixture to it.
- Mix really well, spoon carefully into the tin and level the surface with a spatula or your hand.
- Bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 20 minutes or until the mixture is nicely browned.
- Leave to cool right down in the tin before cutting into 24 small squares.