Recipe by Lightly Toasted
I found a similar recipe, but needed to adapt it more to our tastes. Frying the fruit filled "egg rolls" really makes the flavor of the fruit "POP" without letting the fruit get mushy. The sauce and pudding can be prepared ahead of time, and the fruit chopped up and mixed. But the final stage of frying the egg rolls should be done just before serving. Cook time is the time needed for the frying of the egg rolls and final assembly of the dessert. This makes a very elegant looking dessert
- 177.44 ml blueberries
- 177.44 ml raspberries
- 177.44 ml chopped strawberry, chopped to the same size as the blueberries and raspberries for easy of making egg rolls
- 8 egg roll wraps
- 28.34 g package sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 473.18 ml milk
For the sauce
- 473.19 ml raspberries
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 59.14 ml Splenda sugar substitute
- 118.29 ml chocolate syrup (I use sugar free)
- 14.79 ml cocoa powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare sauce:.
- Puree raspberries, lemon juice, and Splenda in blender or food processor.
- Place a sieve over a bowl, and press pureed raspberries through it to separate the seeds.
- Discard seeds.
- Add chocolate syrup and powdered cocoa and stir well.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Prepare pudding according to directions and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Mix together berries, and refrigerate.
- AT SERVING TIME:.
- Lay out 8 egg roll wrappers on the counter.
- Divide fruit filling evenly among the wrappers.
- Roll tightly, securing with a toothpick.
- Fry in 1-2 inches of hot oil.
- They brown quickly, so watch carefully.
- Removed to absorbent paper toweling.
- TO SERVE:.
- Smear a large dollop of pudding on a desert plate, making a "puddle," top with an egg roll, and drizzle with chocolate raspberry sauce.