Lightly Toasted's Note:
I found a similar recipe, but needed to adapt it more to our tastes. Frying the fruit filled "egg rolls" really makes the flavor of the fruit "POP" without letting the fruit get mushy. The sauce and pudding can be prepared ahead of time, and the fruit chopped up and mixed. But the final stage of frying the egg rolls should be done just before serving. Cook time is the time needed for the frying of the egg rolls and final assembly of the dessert. This makes a very elegant looking dessert
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 3/4 cup raspberries
- 3/4 cup chopped strawberry, chopped to the same size as the blueberries and raspberries for easy of making egg rolls
- 8 egg roll wraps
- 1 (1 ounce) package sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
For the sauce
- 1Prepare sauce:.
- 2Puree raspberries, lemon juice, and Splenda in blender or food processor.
- 3Place a sieve over a bowl, and press pureed raspberries through it to separate the seeds.
- 4Discard seeds.
- 5Add chocolate syrup and powdered cocoa and stir well.
- 6Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 7Prepare pudding according to directions and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 8Mix together berries, and refrigerate.
- 9AT SERVING TIME:.
- 10Lay out 8 egg roll wrappers on the counter.
- 11Divide fruit filling evenly among the wrappers.
- 12Roll tightly, securing with a toothpick.
- 13Fry in 1-2 inches of hot oil.
- 14They brown quickly, so watch carefully.
- 15Removed to absorbent paper toweling.
- 16TO SERVE:.
- 17Smear a large dollop of pudding on a desert plate, making a "puddle," top with an egg roll, and drizzle with chocolate raspberry sauce.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Berry Egg Rolls With Chocolate Raspberry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 245.5
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 11.6 mg
- Sodium 279.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 6.9 g