1/2 Photos of Berry Dutch Baby (Low-Fat)
A lovely baked pancake that can be quickly put together without fuss. While this recipe calls for berries, pitted fruits -- peaches, plums, nectarines -- can be used with or instead of berries. If you enjoy tangy flavors, try substituting plain yogurt or buttermilk for half the milk.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 3 1/2 cups raspberries (or a combo) or 3 1/2 cups strawberries (or a combo) or 3 1/2 cups blueberries (or a combo)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1Pre heat oven to 425 degrees. Place cast iron skillet or other ovenproof frying pan in the oven.
- 2Blend together the egg whites, eggs, flour, milk, sugar, vanilla, and salt until smooth.
- 3Add butter to the hot skillet, swirling to melt butter and coat both bottom and sides of pan.
- 4Pour the batter into the pan and bake 25 minutes or until until the Dutch baby is puffy and well-browned.
- 5While the cake is baking, mix the cinnamon and berries in a bowl.
- 6Spoon the berries onto the Dutch baby and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- 7Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Berry Dutch Baby (Low-Fat)
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 312.9
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 114.6 mg
- Sodium 401.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 18.8 g
- Protein 12.4 g