Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
What a perfect springtime dessert! It's filled with color and fresh fruit flavor the whole family will savor. Grate about a tablespoonful of fresh orange or lemon zest and add to the crumb mixture for extra flavor. ** If using frozen rhubarb, measure rhubarb while still frozen, then thaw completely. Drain in a colander, but do not press liquid out.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups rhubarb, diced, fresh, frozen
- 1 1⁄2 cups strawberries, sliced fresh
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- vanilla ice cream
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, oats, butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla and cinnamon. Set aside 1 cup for topping; press remaining crumb mixture into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Top with rhubarb, strawberries and blackberries.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in remaining vanilla. Pour over fruit; sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with ice cream.
What a delicious and warming dessert to enjoy on a cold winter's night.Except for one exception, I followed the recipe as written.The only difference I made was to use apples, instead of blackberry. This was a lovely crisp and the whole family enjoyed it with custard for dinner. We especially loved the crisp topping.Thanks Lavender Lynn we will be enjoying this one again.
Fabulous, easy and delicious !! I used a double whammy of mixed berries as I had no rhubarb. I loved the easy way of making the topping with melted butter - saves on dishes too !! Gorgeous for breakfast with yogurt or as dessert with cream - I tried both ways !!! Made for ZWT9.
Delicious! Great when hot and right out of the oven. No ice cream even needed for me! This is the first time I have cooked with rhubarb and I really liked the results along with the berries. The topping is just YUM. Made for the Soup-A-Stars during ZWT9