Recipe by mandabears
This is a recipe from Woman's World 8/2/05. I have already made it twice, once with blueberries and once with raspberries and both have been delicious. I actually elimated the crystallized ginger and the orange zest, did not have any in the house and the cake was fantastic both times without it.
- 1 (16 ounce) box poundcake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups berries
- 2 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger, chopped
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- 2 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line 9-inch square pan with enough aluminum foil to over hang all sides by 2-inches.
- Spray with cooking spray.
- At low speed beat poundcake mix, eggs, milk, sour cream and cinnamon until blended.
- Increase speed to medium; beat until batter is light and fluffy about 3 minutes.
- Fold in berries, ginger and orange zest.
- Spread batter in pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- TOPPING: Combine flour, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Stir in butter.
- Squeeze mixture together to form crumbs.
- Sprinkle evenly onto hotcake.
- Return cake to oven for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean and cake is golden brown.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Using foil to lift cake from pan.
- Cool completely.
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar.