1 hr 10 mins
This is a recipe from Woman's World 8/2/05. I have already made it twice, once with blueberries and once with raspberries and both have been delicious. I actually elimated the crystallized ginger and the orange zest, did not have any in the house and the cake was fantastic both times without it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) box poundcake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups berries
- 2 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger, chopped
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Line 9-inch square pan with enough aluminum foil to over hang all sides by 2-inches.
- 3Spray with cooking spray.
- 4At low speed beat poundcake mix, eggs, milk, sour cream and cinnamon until blended.
- 5Increase speed to medium; beat until batter is light and fluffy about 3 minutes.
- 6Fold in berries, ginger and orange zest.
- 7Spread batter in pan.
- 8Bake for 20 minutes.
- 9TOPPING: Combine flour, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- 10Stir in butter.
- 11Squeeze mixture together to form crumbs.
- 12Sprinkle evenly onto hotcake.
- 13Return cake to oven for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean and cake is golden brown.
- 14Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- 15Using foil to lift cake from pan.
- 16Cool completely.
- 17Sprinkle with confectioners sugar.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Berry Crumb Cake
Serving Size: 1 (77 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.1
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 71.3 mg
- Sodium 108.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: