Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a Weight Watchers core recipe. Serve with frozen yogurt or whipped cream - you have to add the points, of course!
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen mixed berries or 1 (16 ounce) bag cherries or 1 (16 ounce) bag blueberries
- 1 (7/8 ounce) boxjello sugar-free vanilla pudding mix, cook and serve
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 8 ounces plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Spray an 8X8 baking pan.
- Mix the fruit ingredients in the pan and stir well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together crisp mix.
- Spread this mixture over the berry mixture to make a top crust.
- Bake at 350°F for 40-45 minutes or until topping gets crunchy.
This was pretty good, even my hubby liked it. I was looking for an apple crisp so I changed it a little bit. Used 16 oz of sliced and cored apples instead of the fruit. Used 2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice instead of cinnamon and nutmeg. And 1/4 cup evaporated skim milk, I agree with another review and will up that to 1/2 cup next time. For the crisp I used 1/4 Splenda brown sugar substitue instead and I didn't have any fat free plain yogurt so I used 6 oz fat free sour cream and it turned out good. Loved how easy this was, will make again!
My only criticism is that the Splenda gives it a slightly artificial taste, but that can't be helped if you want it to be core/diet. It is peach season here, so I substituted fresh sliced peaches for the berries, and it worked great. I didn't measure them, just added enough to fill the baking dish. Since ginger goes well with peaches, I added a small amount of powdered ginger, about 1/4 tsp. I also followed the suggestion of another review to cut down the yogurt to 6 ounces. It resulted in a crispy crust. Everyone in the family loved it, including my husband, who hates anything that he perceives as diet food. We will make this again!
What a waste of beautiful blueberries. I made it exactly like the recipe - very little flavor and gummy rather than juicy, terrible topping (not crisp at all). Took it to friends for dinner and was so disappointed, as even putting frozen yogurt on top didn't help.