Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Came from Parade magazine. I have not tried it yet, I got it from my Nana when she was visiting. You can use any kind of berries you want - she used it with blueberries, blackberries and strawberries.
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 cups blackberries
- 2 cups raspberries
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, cold, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F Butter a 9-inch pie plate.
- Combine the berries, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup flour and 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon. Put in pie plate.
- Combine oats, flour, brown sugar, sugar, and salt. Use a pastry blender to work the butter in until it resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle over the berries.
- Put the pie plate on a baking sheet. Bake until the fruit is bubbling and topping is golden brown, about 1 hour. Place on a rack to cool slightly. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
Made this yesterday morning....VERY GOOD!!! I mixed honey into the berries instead of sugar & it really brought the flavor!!! Wife especially loved it!!! Will DEFFO make again....THANKS for sharing!!!