Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This recipe was featured in an email today from Gooseberry Patch. "I love berries and cream together, and this recipe from Summer in the Country cookbook calls for either blueberries or raspberries. You could easily substitute strawberries, blackberries, or create your own delicious mix of berries too! - Jo Ann"
For the Pie
- 709.77 ml blueberries (or any berries of your choice) or 709.77 ml raspberries (or any berries of your choice)
- 9 inch pie crusts
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 78.07 ml all-purpose flour
- 0.59 ml salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 118.29 ml sour cream
For the Topping
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml all-purpose flour
- 59.14 ml butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place berries in unbaked pie crust; set aside.
- Combine sugar, flour and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs and sour cream together; add to flour mixture. Spoon over berries.
- Combine all of the topping ingredients until crumbly.
- Sprinkle topping over pie and bake for 50 to 55 minutes.
This was very very good. I changed one thing... I put on a top pastry crust rather than the crumble crust. Worked great. Easy to do, and with fresh raspberries that I used it still tasted fresh after baking. Also tried with fresh Saskatoon berries. My mom left here with the recipe. She really liked it. Used with shake-a-pie-crust for super flaky crust.
What a simple, wonderful recipe! I did change things a bit though. I always make my own pie crust and I had some leftover from a quiche I made earlier this week so I made mini pies in my muffin tins. I took the pie crust and rolled it out, cut circles and then formed little pie crusts into 9 muffin tin holes. I should have halved the recipe because I did have some filling left over, but they came out AMAZING! I made them with red & black rasberries. I followed the recipe to the tee, but just for "mini pies". The cream filling is sooooo good! I cooked them for about 35 minutes and they are perfect! They're very, very yummy. I will make this recipe again, and will probably stick to the little pies. Thanks for the great recipe!