Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I came across this recipe recently in an old magazine. It's perfect for summer! Low fat and sugar free products can be used if desired. Chill times are not included in prep or cook times.
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- 1 (3 ounce) package raspberry gelatin powder
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 (8 ounce) carton strawberry yogurt
- 1 (8 ounce) carton raspberry yogurt
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 (12 ounce) carton Cool Whip
- In a large bowl, dissolve strawberry and raspberry gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cold water and both yogurts. Stir until well blended. Chill until mixture is syrupy, about 1 hour.
- Fold in strawberries and whipped topping. Spoon into individual dishes. Chill until firm, about 4 hours.
- Garnish with fresh berries if desired.
Very, very delicous. But mine didn't set well. (see the photo?!) I did make a few changes, any of which could have kept it from gelling. I subbed cherry jello and cherry yogurt for the raspberry. I used fat free Cool Whip, and strawberries that I had frozen myself. Anyway, it tastes great! You can't really taste the yogurt in the finished dessert.
I saw this in TOH and have made it several times. The kids especially love it for dessert. Very light and refreshing, perfect for summer. Thanks, Lvs, for posting!