1 hr 10 mins
These cute cookies are crispy on the outside and light and fluffy inside. You could also bake the cookies flat and serve the filling as a cookie dip if you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons seedless strawberry jam
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 -3 drop red food coloring (optional)
- 1For filling, in a small mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar and jam until blended. Fold in whipped cream and food coloring if desired. Chill.
- 2In a bowl, whisk the sugar, flour, egg whites, vanilla and salt until smooth. Whisk in butter until blended. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Preparing four cookies at a time, drop batter by 1-1/2 teaspoonfuls 4 inches apart onto prepared pan. Bake at 400° for 5-8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- 3Immediately remove one cookie at a time from parchment and form into a tube around a greased clean round wooden clothespin. Press lightly to seal; hold until set, about 20 seconds. Remove cookie from clothespin; place on waxed paper to cool. Continue with remaining cookies. If cookies become too cool to shape, return to oven for 1 minute to soften. Repeat with remaining batter.
- 4Just before serving, pipe or spoon filling into cookie shells. Dip end of cookie into strawberries and additional sugar. Refrigerate leftovers.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Berry Cream Cookie Snaps
Serving Size: 1 (603 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 954.6
- Calories from Fat 487
- Total Fat 54.1 g
- Saturated Fat 33.9 g
- Cholesterol 164.1 mg
- Sodium 549.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 109.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 86.6 g
- Protein 11.1 g