Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These cute cookies are crispy on the outside and light and fluffy inside. You could also bake the cookies flat and serve the filling as a cookie dip if you like.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons seedless strawberry jam
- 1⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 -3 drop red food coloring (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- additional sugar
- For filling, in a small mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar and jam until blended. Fold in whipped cream and food coloring if desired. Chill.
- In a bowl, whisk the sugar, flour, egg whites, vanilla and salt until smooth. Whisk in butter until blended. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Preparing four cookies at a time, drop batter by 1-1/2 teaspoonfuls 4 inches apart onto prepared pan. Bake at 400° for 5-8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Immediately remove one cookie at a time from parchment and form into a tube around a greased clean round wooden clothespin. Press lightly to seal; hold until set, about 20 seconds. Remove cookie from clothespin; place on waxed paper to cool. Continue with remaining cookies. If cookies become too cool to shape, return to oven for 1 minute to soften. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Just before serving, pipe or spoon filling into cookie shells. Dip end of cookie into strawberries and additional sugar. Refrigerate leftovers.