Recipe by looneytunesfan
These cute cookies are crispy on the outside and light and fluffy inside. You could also bake the cookies flat and serve the filling as a cookie dip if you like.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons seedless strawberry jam
- 1⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 -3 drop red food coloring (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- additional sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- For filling, in a small mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar and jam until blended. Fold in whipped cream and food coloring if desired. Chill.
- In a bowl, whisk the sugar, flour, egg whites, vanilla and salt until smooth. Whisk in butter until blended. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Preparing four cookies at a time, drop batter by 1-1/2 teaspoonfuls 4 inches apart onto prepared pan. Bake at 400° for 5-8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Immediately remove one cookie at a time from parchment and form into a tube around a greased clean round wooden clothespin. Press lightly to seal; hold until set, about 20 seconds. Remove cookie from clothespin; place on waxed paper to cool. Continue with remaining cookies. If cookies become too cool to shape, return to oven for 1 minute to soften. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Just before serving, pipe or spoon filling into cookie shells. Dip end of cookie into strawberries and additional sugar. Refrigerate leftovers.