Prep 25 mins
Cook 14 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Diabetic Living.
- 0.5 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese, softened (NeufchÃƒ ,tel)
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sugar orange marmalade
- 0.5 (8 ounce) container frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed
- 3 cups assorted fresh berries (such as sliced strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and or or blackberries)
Single-Crust Pastry Dough
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 4 -5 tablespoons cold water
- Preheat oven to 450°F Prepare Single-Crust Pastry. On a lightly floured surface, flatten the ball of pastry dough with your hands. Roll dough from center to edge into a circle about 11 inches in diameter. To transfer pastry, wrap it around the rolling pin. Unroll pastry into a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Ease pastry into tart pan, being careful not to stretch pastry. Press pastry into fluted side of tart pan. Trim pastry to the edge of the tart pan. Prick the bottom and side of pastry generously with the tines of a fork. Line pastry with a double thickness of foil.
- Bake for 8 minutes; remove foil. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes more or until pastry is golden brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium to high speed about 30 seconds or until fluffy. Beat in marmalade. Fold in whipped topping. Spread cream cheese mixture in bottom of cooled crust. Arrange berries on cream cheese mixture.
- Single-Crust Pastry:
- In a large bowl, stir together 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in 1/3 cup shortening until pieces are pea-size. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon cold water over part of the mixture; gently toss with a fork. Push moistened dough to the side of the bowl. Repeat moistening dough, using 1 tablespoon cold water at a time, until all the dough is moistened (4 to 5 tablespoons cold water total). Form dough into a ball.