Recipe by Missy Wombat
This recipe is adapted from the Australian Heart Foundation's Deliciously Healthy Cookbook. Perfect for breakfast for your loved one.
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 tablespoon chopped of fresh mint (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 500 ml cranberry-raspberry juice
- 200 g vanilla yogurt (preferably low fat)
- 200 g strawberries, halved
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 150 g blueberries
- 2 tablespoons pepitas
- 150 g raspberries
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the couscous and dried cranberries in a bowl.
- Heat the raspberry cranberry juice in a pot until it comes to the boil, pour over the couscous and allow to stand for 10 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Fold through the strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and mint if using.
- Spoon the couscous into individual bowls and top with a generous dollop of yoghurt, sprinkle with the combined seeds and drizzle with maple syrup.
- If raspberry cranberry juice is not available try apple or pear juice instead.