Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is a vinegar slaw made with strawberries and dried cranberries. You will need to plan ahead as it takes 8 hours to let the flavors meld. I haven't made it yet but I am looking forward to taking it to the next potluck as it has no mayo and is different than other coleslaws. It is from a TOH Bonus Book.
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened apple juice or 1⁄4 cup cranberry juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- In a large bowl, combine the vinegar, apple juice, sugar, salt and pepper; add the cabbage. Toss gently to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight, stirring occasionally.
- Just before serving, stir in strawberries and cranberries.
Yum! Crunchy summery goodness! Thanks for sharing. I went with the unsweetened cranberry juice and did up the sugar after reading the previous review. Perfect!
Wonderful refreshing salad! I used unsweetened cranberry juice which was very tart, so I increased the sugar, adding one tablespoon of honey - it would have been too tart for our taste buds otherwise. That way, it was utterly delicious. Thanks for sharing!<br/>Made for A Diabetic Summer Trip.