Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This crisp cabbage salad, featuring strawberries and cranberries, is a great warm-weather pick-me-up.
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened apple juice or 1⁄4 cup cranberry juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- In a large bowl, combine the vinegar, apple juice, sugar, salt and pepper; add cabbage. Toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight, stirring occasionally. Just before serving, stir in strawberries and cranberries.