- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 cups berries (any combinaion such as raspberries, blueberries or blackberries)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine flour and sugar and cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; reserve 1/2 cup for topping.
- Stir in baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Add combined egg and milk, mixing just until moistened.
- Pour into an 8x8 pan.
- Sprinkle berries and reserved crumb mixture over batter.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm.